Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chance & Indeterminacy

My system

Computer screenshot by chance.

Set the alarm in 30 mins, every time it goes off. I took a screenshot of my computer on what I am watching or doing.

It is funny to see how I waste my nights and nights.

Do it Weekend nights from 7 PM to 10 PM.
And Monday night from 7 pm to 10 pm.
So it will be 7 screenshot everyday. I will have 21 screenshot in the end.




Sat:







Sun:









Mon:










Work and medium: I will use all the screenshot as material making a digital art work.

Pieces:

The first one has the most amount of details. I even put some tear on the guy's face if you look close.



The second one here I spent a lot of time working on the shade. So the shadow and light are more realist.




Final Composition.


I set my phone on alarm, sometime when it goes off, I was not in front of my computer, so I walked back and took a screenshot which shows what I was doing before I left my computer.

Its interested to find out that it is not like I was excepting that most of the screenshot would be my desktop.
Most of the time when I left my computer, I dont just go back to the desktop but just leave whatever I was working on.


Q&A:


- How this working process compares to the way you usually work? What was your experience letting decisions be made by chance? What was it like to make art using someone else's recipe?
  More often than not, when teacher just tells us to do whatever we like. I lost it. I cannot design which one I want to do and wasted a lot of time on decision making process. But now, with a system to choose what material I am going to use for making the art piece, it gives me a direction and it is fun using those random stuff to create something. I think it is not a big deal using others' recipe, it is just an experience trying other's method. We need to learn from second hand experience a lot to enhance what we know and practice.
- What do you think about the work you've made? Does it have "aesthetic appeal"? Did it suggest other ideas or ways to work?
  Its fun and feel like the same situation when you go commercial and you do what people give you and told you to do.
  I tried the rule of three and tried to follow the golden ration in the way of composition. In the final composition, I assemble different three intense of tones and put them together.
- If you did so, what was it like to work collaboratively?

My work does not require any coop, but it will be more random if I use my roommates' screen shot ever 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment