Monday, October 13, 2014

SHOVELWARE- Culture jamming?

Commercial, Propaganda or Advertising.

To me, they are nothing but a good looking face. I like to have my own idea on everything.

But without first hand experience, not just some first hand experience, but a lot of reference experience, I cannot give a real good idea of something just on my own.
So knowledge from second hand source is undeniable.

Then, I will have to face all kinds of commercial, propaganda and advertisment.

Generally speaking, I dont think they are either good or bad, they are what they are. Everything they said are just an new idea, that can effect our final decision.

When buying stuff, first, I always buy stuff that I know. When buying some new stuff, either I heard of it from some source of information I received such as youtube videos and movies, or I found out that I need something, and heard of some brand from my research. To my opinion, all the commercial need to achieve, is just to put their product on my radar.

I really like looking at those culture jamming art piece, they are really creative and some of them have some really good idea that I never though of, giving me a new way of thinking and looking at something.




And about propaganda. I think all the media and government are posting their propaganda all the time. The message they send might looks good, but it could be based on the the ten years of propaganda they have been brain washing us with, and today, they just add a little bit of spice here and there, when people accept and let it get into their auto pilot system of thinking, then the media gives another bit of spice. So propaganda could be very under the surface.

And meanwhile, we see a lot of propaganda style comic, I dont think they are the real powerful weapon of propaganda. People who would watch these comic are people who understand and agree with the polity idea already.

No comments:

Post a Comment